With a mission “to promote research, current knowledge and techniques in endocrine surgery", ESES is a European reference for education in the field of endocrine surgery for all endocrine surgeons” professionals, whether they be at the beginning or the height of their career.
The objectives of the Society, as a non-profit organization with activities for public benefit, aim at
- The promotion of science through research and the advancement of knowledge and techniques in endocrine surgery.
- The promotion and maintenance of high standards in the clinical practice of endocrine surgery and the promotion of education and research in this field.
For the implementation of these aims the Society’s role includes:
- The organization of meetings, symposia, workshops and courses under the auspices of the Society and held by local members.
- The implementation of fellowships under the auspices of the Society in accredited centres of endocrine (head and neck endocrine) surgery according to the Division of Endocrine Surgery/DES within the UEMS Section of Surgery & European Board of Surgery
- Facilitating the publication of peer-reviewed articles on clinical and experimental endocrine surgery in an international surgical journal acting as the official organ of the Society.
- Maintaining contact between the individual members of the Society by appropriate means.
- The participation in and administration of EU projects in the field of endocrine surgery
For more information, please visit the official site of the Society ar http://www.eses.cc/